Informação do seu jeito
Você é um pesquisador sobre Mídia e Racismo? Não deixe de ler baixar esses artigos (em inglês)
Research on Media and Race
• Sunday Morning Apartheid: A Diversity Study of Sunday Morning Talk ...
National Urban League Policy Institute, Nov. 2, 2005
• Reporting Katrina
Project for Excellence In Journalism, Sept. 12, 2005. Examines coverage of Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath , including notable reportage, content critique and citizen journalism.
• FAIR research on racism and the media
FAIR's current and archived studies, surveys, articles and action alerts on representation of people of color, race issues and racism in news media. Notable highlights include:
"Failing at It’s 'No. 1 Goal': Lack of balance at C-Span's Washingto...," Extra!, Nov/Dec 2005
"Saying What They've Been Thinking': Racial stereotypes in Katrina c...," Extra!, Nov/Dec 2005
"World’s Worst Disasters Overlooked: Survey identifies biggest 'forgotten' crises," Extra! May/June 2005
"Still Failing the 'Fair & Balanced' Test: Special Report leans ...," Extra!, July/Aug 2004
"White Noise: Voices of color scarce on urban public radio," Extra!,September/October 2002
"Study of NPR's Coverage of Deaths in the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict,"Extra!, Nov/Dec 2001
"Anything but Racism: Media make excuses for 'whitewashed' TV lineup," Extra!, Jan/Feb 2000
• National Association of Hispanic Journalists "Network Brownout Reports"
NAHJ reports from 2001–2005 documenting the underrepresentation of Hispanics on television. Also see NAHJ Newsroom Diversity resources
• Representing the Total Community: Relationships Between Asian Ameri...
Asian American Journalists Association, Aug. 18, 2005
• SAJA Stylebook for Covering South Asia & the South Asian Diaspora
SAJA (South Asian Journalists Association), last updated Dec. 16, 2004
• Diversity in the Washington News Press Corps
UNITY: Journalists of Color, Inc., and the University of Maryland 's Philip Merrill College of Journalism, Aug. 4, 2004
• Voices of Anger, Cries of Concern: Some NABJ Views on the Retention...
National Association of Black Journalists, updated July 29, 2004
• Out of Focus, Out of Sync: A Report of the Film and Television Indu...(.pdf)
NAACP, November 2003 [press release]
• Surveying Asian Americans: Challenges, Current Practice, Solutions (.pdf)
Asian American Journalists Association and the Reynolds School of Journalism, University of Nevada-Reno, August 2003
• Reading Red Report 2003: A Call for the News Media to Recognize Rac... (.pdf)
Native American Journalists Association with research from the News Watch project at San Francisco State University
• Reading Red Report 2002: A report and content analysis on coverage ... (.pdf)
Native American Journalists Association with research from the News Watch project at San Francisco State University.
Also see NAJA publications for print research including "Pictures of Our Nobler Selves: A history of Native American contributions to the media" and "The American Indian And The Media"
• Asian Male Broadcasters on TV: Where Are They? (.pdf)
USC Annenberg School for Communication for the Asian American Journalists Association, August 2002
• AAJA Handbook — All American: How to Cover Asian American and Pacif...
Asian American Journalists Association
• Asian Americans in Newsroom Management: A Survey of TV and Newspape... (.pdf)
Asian American Journalists Association and Medill
• Guidelines for Countering Racial, Ethnic and Religious Profiling
Society of Professional Journalists
• Newsroom Diversity: Meeting The Challenge – A survey of journalists... (.pdf)
The Freedom Forum, 1999